Feb

Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie Yogurt Pops

Post image for Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie Yogurt Pops

by Amber on February 25, 2013

Who’s ready for summer? See this girl, raising her hand right here? Yeah. I’m over being cold, I’m over taking a hot water bottle to bed like I’m 90, and I am definitely over looking at the chance of snow for the day.

Sure, I’m a whiner, I’ll fully admit it. Some could say that NJ hasn’t had nearly the hard winter we thought we would. But personally, I starting counting winter when we have the first freezing temps and snow, and that was way back in October, when we had no power from Superstorm Sandy. So yeah.. Winter? I’m over you!

I’m trying to chase away the winter blues by reliving one of our favorite trips in the past couple of years, to the Florida Keys. We had SUCH a blast driving from Boca Raton to Key West, and I can’t remember anything quite so relaxing as wandering along the beach, a few chickens running around (yes, wild chickens!), sharing a frozen Key Lime Pie on a stick.

It was covered in a dark chocolate shell, and so perfectly refreshing on that hot day that it lives fresh in my memory nearly two years later.

Normally, I’m very much anti-chocolate-and-citrus, but there is something magical about the combination of lime and dark chocolate.

When yet another day of sub-freezing temperatures has me at my wit’s end, I decided it was time for magic. Magic and Key Lime Pie.

Only, there’s no room in my fridge for a whole pie, because I’ve got soups and stews taking up that real estate. I present to you my solution for winter doldrums and lack of fridge space: Key Lime Pie Yogurt Pops, covered in Dark Chocolate Magic Shell.

They’re creamy, they’re bright and full of lime, and they come together in mere minutes. If you’re craving warmer climates, beach strolling, and the matching afternoon snacks, let these Key Lime Pie Yogurt Pops take you away to where palm trees sway and chickens roam free in the streets.

katie February 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

gah these look and sound amazing. I’ll be heading down to the Keys in April for my birthday… love it there!

Amber February 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Color me jealous, Katie. The Keys are one of my favorite places on the planet!

Tracy February 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Yum and yes please, I am also so over winter (as I sit here typing this with my corn bag under the blankets with me)! And I love love love that these use key lime yogurt – one of my favorite yogurt flavors!

Amber February 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I hear Chobani just came out with Key Lime Pie too. I haven’t found it yet, but I’m totally going to make these again with it when I do!

Stephchows February 25, 2013 at 9:26 PM

So over winter, I’ve skied I’ve sled, I’m good for spring to show up, these look delicious!

Amber February 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Steph, I am SO ready! Thanks for your sweet words. :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM

These are amazing! My mouth is watering for them. I’m looking forward to Spring but I’m dreading my A/C bill come summer!

Amber February 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

You’re so sweet, Dorothy! We don’t love our Air Con bills either, but needs must :)

leslie February 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Ohhh Ahhh. reminds me of the ones I made last year!!!! Love me some frozen key lime pie on a stick!

Amber February 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

One of the greatest snacks ever, Leslie!

Kathryn February 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Yup, I’m totally ready for summer. I’m so bored with being cold all the time. These sound totally, totally perfect.

Amber February 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Me too, Kathryn. Half the time, James accuses me of being clinically dead. And the other day, my touch screen didn’t recognize my touch – my fingers were that cold! This is getting out of control.

Cookbook Queen February 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Are you serious with this right now? Ah mah gah…amazing. I want five!!

Amber February 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

And since they’re made with yogurt and dark chocolate, they’re *healthy*! :)

shelly (cookies and cups) February 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I had my first dipped key lime pie on a stick last year when we were in Key West…
totally amazing. I need need need to try this at home!

Amber February 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Shelly, I very nearly added graham cracker crumbs on top of the magic shell, until I realized I didn’t have any graham crackers. You should totally add that if you try it.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar February 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM

These look freaking awesome!!

Kate | Food Babbles February 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

YES!! I am SO over winter. Enough is enough. These popsicles sound like they’re a welcome little dose of summer. I actually got a zoku maker for Christmas and (gasp!) have yet to use it. But now I have the perfect recipe to try it out! I loooove key lime and I’m also firmly in the citrus-and-chocolate-together camp so this is perfection.

Lynna February 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I love how simple the ingredients are! Love the flavor as well. :)

Casey@Good. Food. Stories. February 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I’m not normally a fan of chocolate and fruit, either – but if you’re giving this two thumbs up, then I’ve gotta try!

Aimee @ Simple Bites February 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Thanks for the sunshine! I just finished a bowl of lemon ice cream, so we’re totally on the same page. Can we will Spring to come?

Elizabeth March 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I am SO ready for summer! And, I love lime, and chocolate, but have never thought of trying them together. Sounds super yummy!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets March 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM

These look awesome Amber. I love KIWI and summer :) So ready for warm weather. Maybe if I make these it will come sooner???

Oliver Denton March 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM

TOTALLY with you on getting rid of winter. It’s the first day in a couple of months that the temperature here in France won’t dip below zero today, but in a few days I think I’ll be ready for some of this frozen goodness…. :D