Nov

Kitchen Play: Play UP Dessert with OREO

Post image for Kitchen Play: Play UP Dessert with OREO

by Amber on November 14, 2012

I posted these scrumptious Neapolitan Oreo Brownies just after Sandy hit, when I was clearly eating my feelings at having no power.

But now I have a happier reason to re-post them. OREO and Kitchen Play have come together to encourage folks to PLAY UP dessert.

Kitchen PLAY is giving away two OREO Thanksgiving prize packs filled with goodies like: a Crate & Barrel serving platter, a Crate & Barrel pie server, an exclusive OREO cookbook and more Thanksgiving goodies. This prize is valued at approximately $70.

To enter, simply recreate any OREO dessert from this Kitchen PLAY event or come up with your own. Post about it on your site and provide a link to that post in the comments on this Kitchen PLAY page.

Multiple entries are allowed, as long as a separate OREO dessert post is created for each entry. Deadline is midnight PT on November 28, 2012. This sweepstakes will take place again at the holidays, so the earlier you enter, the more chances to win! Full sweepstakes guidelines can be found on the Kitchen PLAY site.

Disclosure: I received the prize pack for review, and was compensated for a teaser post that appeared on Monday. The recipe, and all opinions are my own. The PLAY UP dessert image was proved by OREO.

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions November 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Oreos are my favorite store bought treat and brownies are my favorite homemade treat… so these look absolutely perfect!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious November 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Great contribution! I love how you kept the oreos in big chunks instead of pulverizing them. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this flavor before… very interesting.

Glenda November 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Hi Amber! Long time, no see! Glad you have come out on the other side of Sandy with your baking mojo still intact. :) These look fabulous! I have never seen the Neapolitan OREOs and now, I’m going to look for them. My kids would devour this recipe!

Chris November 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM

What a great idea. Love the addition of the Neapolitan Oreos…love!

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking November 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I’m pretty sure I almost ate my weight in Oreos during my pregnancy :) Your brownies sound great Amber :)

Donna @ Cookistry November 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Wow, that’s a really interesting idea. I never would have thought of that! Love the contrast, too, but I might opt for the mint Oreos. The cookies wouldn’t show very much, but that green stripe would really pop.

Dana November 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Making these tonight with Golden Oreos… can’t wait to try them!!! Thanks for sharing :)