Sep

Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles

Post image for Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles

by Amber on September 28, 2012

So have you seen Caramel Apple Milky Ways yet?

Listen, I know that the stores push it – piling bag after bag of Halloween candy into the seasonal section in mid-August, when honestly, I’d still like to buy patio furniture! I’m lookin’ at you, Target.

However, when surprises like bite-size Caramel Apple Milky Ways are what I find when I grudgingly wander through those aisles (looking for Candy Corn Oreos, if you must know), well.. I can almost forgive them.

James laughs at me a lot, because now when I find new candy I want to try, my first inclination is to ask myself what I can stuff them into. I blame Jamie. She’s a bad influence.

It just so happens that *my* favorite cookie recipe is the Snickerdoodles I’ve posted here and on Kristan’s site, based on a recipe by Nicole over at Pinch My Salt. What makes them special is that they’re made with Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of a plain cinnamon sugar mixture.

Well, I don’t know about you, but I don’t really think pumpkin pie spice and caramel apples mix too well together. So instead of pumpkin pie spice, I used apple pie spice.

I shared these beauties with my new co-workers when everyone came to town for a sort of internal convention. I was SO nervous! Would my crazy cookie baking ways be too much for them? My thanks to Matthew for not only tasting the first cookie, but declaring it SO good he went back for like 4 more.

That they gave the 1 kilo (that’s nearly 2.5 lbs) Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate Bar a run for its money made me SO proud.

What’s better than a Snickerdoodle, y’all? A Snickerdoodle rolled in apple pie spice and sugar, and stuffed with a Caramel Apple Milky Way!

Besides. They give you just one more excuse to go into the Halloween Candy aisle. You’re welcome. :)

Amazon links within this post are created from an affiliate program. Bluebonnets & Brownies receives a small commission on products that are purchased through these links.

Aimee @ ShugarySweets September 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM

OMG your last note totally cracked me up!! These sound so delicious I think they will be worth getting an extra bag. Darn, you totally called me out on my sneaking the Milky Ways out of the pantry. hehe!!!

Amber September 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I couldn’t help it, Aimee. Your FB comment cracked *me* up! And I was writing the post at the time. :) Nothing like waiting til the last minute, right?

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel September 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Ahhh! I stuffed these bad boys into spice cookies myself, but I didn’t even think about snickerdoodles. LOVE. IT. Is it wrong that I kinda want to marry the combination of cinnamon + caramel?

Amber September 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Hayley, did you blog those yet? I took a quick glance at your site but didn’t see them. I’d LOVE to try those too. (And it’s an excuse to buy another bag of caramel apple milky ways!)

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel September 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Yes! I hate to link-drop (and you can totally delete this comment after) but here was my post: http://thedomesticrebel.com/2012/09/17/caramel-apple-spice-milky-way-cookies/

Those milky ways are SO GOOD. These cookies almost didn’t happen because I wanted the candies all to myself.

Kathryn September 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I’ve seen several people talking about these caramel apple milky ways; I can’t believe I didn’t pick some up when we were in the US!

Amber September 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I can ship you some if you want, love!

Ally @ A Girl and Her Fork September 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Must-make-NOW! Omg, these look delish!

Amber September 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Thanks, Ally! They are SO SO SO yummy! When you bite into a still warm one.. oh man!

Erin September 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Caramel apple snickerdoodles? Get out that’s so awesome! Heading to Target asap.

Amber September 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Thanks, Erin! Love to know what you think of them once they’re baked up.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction September 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Wow! I actually picked up a bag of those Milky Way bars at Target, too. Now I’m wishing I had made cookies instead of snacking on them. Stuffed snickerdoodles is a genius idea. :)

Amber October 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

You’ve got a while to go before they disappear from Target, Jen. And then there’s always the clearance aisle after Halloween… You might just be getting your bearings by then!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray October 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I have been wondering what these Milky Ways would taste like! Now you’ve got me even more curious…

Amber October 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Tara, they are surprisingly good. James didn’t care for them much on their own, but I still made him eat a cookie. (Evil wife is evil.) His words were, “Oh wow. That is way more magical than I expected it to be!”. So how’s that for vindication? ;)

Jamie | My Baking Addiction October 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM

These little Milky Ways are addictive. I wonder if I have enough left in the bag to make these cookies – for some reason, I’m kind of doubting it!

Amber October 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Time for another Target trip, Jamie. That is, another one today. I know you’ve already been once.

Tracy October 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

These are some serious fall cookies! Sadly, I have to avoid the Halloween candy aisle…but be assured I will find something appropriate to stuff into these gorgeous spiced cookies. :-)

Amber October 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Tracy, I was thinking about this for you – I can’t help myself. What if you dipped some fresh apple chunks in that Trader Joe’s salted caramel, then your safe-for-you melted chocolate chips? Let them cool and then the sky is the limit. I mean, they’d be delicious on their own, but stuff a few in these snickerdoodles.. I’m pretty sure that would be WAY better than these, even though it would be harder.

Tracy October 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Oh my God. That sounds WAY better than anything I was thinking of. You are a freaking genius!!

shelly (cookies and cups) October 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I didn’t think Snickerdoodles could get any better. I was wrong!
I’ll have to try your recipe, because they are my husband’s all time favorite!