Aug

Mint Oreo Truffles

Post image for Mint Oreo Truffles

by Amber on August 30, 2012

Sometimes, you just need something simple. And chocolate. And more chocolate. Mint Oreo Truffles aren’t mind-blowingly complicated, or even all that original. A quick google search will show you all sorts of different versions of this treat.

The thing is.. I needed an excuse to buy Mint Oreos. I do my best not to bring stuff with High Fructose Corn Syrup in the house. I really do. I even tried the Newman’s Own version of Mint Oreos, and hello toothpaste cookie! Blech.

But Oreos are a weakness. And I wish they’d just take the HFCS out. Oh well – I guess it stops me from buying them too often. Well, except when I want to make Oreo truffles. I cannot tell a lie – we may have eaten two bags of Oreos before I finally made these truffles with the third.

At least that’s three trips to the grocery store, three trips of trudging around, getting all annoyed and huffy with the dude in front of me that is taking up the whoooooole aisle while he decides between Cap’n Crunch and Just the Berries.

That should tell you, at least, that I really really wanted to make these for you! (And me.)

They’re not the prettiest thing, because I’m simply not detail oriented enough to make them look like professional truffles. But they are easy if you don’t care about getting perfect little bon-bons. And oh my, do they satisfy a craving!

I used a tray of Vanilla CandiQuik and some green gel food coloring to play off the mint in the Oreos, making clean up an absolute snap. But you could also use a couple bags of melted white chocolate chips instead.

Do you have a guilty pleasure snack?

Amazon links within this post are created from an affiliate program. Bluebonnets & Brownies receives a small commission on products that are purchased through these links.

Casey@Good. Food. Stories. August 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Who needs pretty when you have Oreos? And I don’t think I have any secret guilty pleasures any more. They’ve basically all been outed – Oreos, port wine cheese spread, ramen noodles, wine… I have no shame.

Amber August 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Oh, ramen. My sister reawakened that demon when I stayed with her for three months. True story: the kids call chicken ramen “Mommy’s Soup”. *shakes head*

DessertForTwo August 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I could eat a dozen of these! Lovely!

ps I saw you chatting online with Sara Moulton last night and I died. She’s one of my cooking idols!!

Amber August 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Aww, Christina, Sara is the NICEST. I got to hang out with her for an entire weekend when I did that King Arthur Flour Blog & Bake. She baked right along with us, and then did a cooking demonstration. She’s exactly like you’d imagine her to be, only lovelier.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Mmm looks lovely!

shelly (cookies and cups) August 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I hope he bought the Oops All Berries. I mean…
ANnnd Mint Oreos are my kiddos favorite. I am actually making a mint Oreo Cake for him tomorrow for his birthday!
Love these!

Nicole, RD August 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Ahh! I love that color!!

Jamie | My Baking Addiction August 31, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I am such a sucker for Oreos, but adding cream cheese, mint and candy coating to them makes me a little weak in the knees.

Tracy August 31, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I typically don’t swoon over mint, but these truffles look divine! My guilty pleasure snack is pretty much anything that involves nutella. :-)

Ben August 31, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’m a sucker for dark chocolate and mint, but the Oreo cookie texture in a truffle sounds like a winner.

Delishhh September 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM

They might be simple but they don’t looks simple. I love MINT and these sound awesome. Have a great weekend!

Allison September 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I love this type of truffles. And, I love Mint + Chocolate. Adding these to the Halloween party menu.