Feb

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Post image for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

by Jamie on February 17, 2012

I’m super stoked today to have Jamie from My Baking Addiction guest posting for y’all. To quote something Jamie says often, I love her more than cheesecake. She’s my sounding board, one of my best friends, and often referred to by my Brit as “the other woman” – simply because she’s the only person that rivals him in text message count in my phone. Jamie, thanks for guest posting today. You’re a lifesaver.

Hey, Bluebonnets & Brownies readers, I’m Jamie from My Baking Addiction and I going to fill in for Amber today while she’s still mending from surgery.

Amber is my buddy and like any good buddy, she often turns me on to things that I’ve never heard of. Whether it’s an Etsy shop, a website like Woot, or Mini Peanut Butter Cups from King Arthur Flour – Amber is constantly enlightening me on her latest finds – that’s just one of the many things that I absolutely adore about her.

A few months back, Amber schooled me on yeast baking and even sent me a list of her must-haves from King Arthur Flour. Since I know she’d never steer me wrong, I dumped all of the items into my online cart. In case you aren’t aware, Amber is one thorough girl, so of course, she went a little beyond bread and included other items on her KAF list like pizza seasoning, flavorings and the aforementioned Mini Peanut Butter Cups. I’m pretty much a peanut butter addict, so there was no questioning those little chips of bliss.

In true PB addict form, I ripped into the chips the day they arrived and was delighted to discover that the chips actually hold their shape when they are baked. You can use them in cookies, muffins, cupcakes, or nosh on them straight out of the bag. After tossing back a handful, I decided that I needed to bake with them or I’d run the risk of eating every single one.

After browsing through the King Arthur Flour recipe index, I came across Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, did a quick pantry scan and was baking within minutes. These cookies are delicious, rich and the perfect excuse to eat chocolate right after Valentine’s Day!

Kathryn February 17, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I need to get me some of those mini peanut butter cups – absolutely love the sound/look of these cookies. Thanks for an ace guest post Jamie!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray February 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Chocolate and peanut butter. Say no more. Great guest post–and two lovely bloggers to boot. :)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar February 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Mmm I love chocolate and peanut butter cookies! So happy you added Reese’s to these. Delicious.

Elizabeth February 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I have only natural peanut butter in the house – will this yield same/similar results or should I get some Jiffy? And these look absolutely delicious!

Jamie | My Baking Addiction February 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Elizabeth-
I have not tested this recipe with natural style peanut butter, so I cannot really attest to the outcome that you will achieve. Thanks for stopping by!
-Jamie

Shaina February 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Mmm…chocolate and peanut butter. These look delightful, and I love the mini peanut butter cups!

Heather February 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I love those mini peanut butter cups. They are adorable. YUM.

Casey@Good. Food. Stories. February 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Are those not the cutest little chips in the universe? King Arthur Flour is truly heaven for bakers. Glad you’ve joined the cult!

Maureen February 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

If you could see me swooning you’d know how much I love chocolate and peanut butter together. No such thing in Australia but the American in me wants these cookies!

I can buy the big Reese’s from the USA import store and cut them up for these cookies. Won’t be a pretty as yours but if I eat them in the dark they’ll taste the same. :)

Aimee @ Simple Bites February 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM

A.Ma.Zing.
I’d also love to know it they worked with natural, organic peanut butter. =) Guess I’ll have to test a batch!

Tracy February 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

These sound lovely! Love seeing Jamie over here! :-)